Sunday, April 15, 2012

Books

Sometimes i just want to read a good romance.  The problem is finding a GOOD one.  I like to read about love, enduring love. Time travel, history, adventure. I have favorite authors.  Some no longer writing, then you read all they wrote and are bereft. Some authors don't write fast enough, ie; Diana Galbadon, Follett. Wilbur Smith used to come out with one every father's day and i would get that for Dad.  He normally writes about South Africa and that area, brutal books, some romance in there amongst the killing, but VERY adventurous and history. But sometimes just a little romance with some hilarity thrown in for good measure is a good read, maybe a mystery involved :) It sort of releases me, no thought to it really, just hope that maybe out of the millions of people out there, there is a little romance here and there and happily ever after ending.
Yesterday was NOT a good day, could not keep anything down, don't know what the matter was, maybe just not feeling it, was not sick/ill, wrong choices i think and not taking my time. Today has been much better. Stopping when i really felt like i may be getting full.  Just haven't gotten to the point where i understand my new stomach and what it will take and when i think.
Hope you all had a nice Sunday, Take Care & God Bless

6 comments:

  1. Have you ever read LaVeryl Spencer (she no longer writes) or Debbie Macomber. Both good romance authors. Sorry to hear you had a bad day and hope tomorrow is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah books, how I love them. Gabaldon is one of my favorites. I would think you like Nicholas Sparks? He seems to come out with new ones all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah books, how I love them. Gabaldon is one of my favorites. I would think you like Nicholas Sparks? He seems to come out with new ones all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now I know how people manage to post the same comment twice. Can you delete the first one Laurie, I don't seem to be able to do it from here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may not be into that genre, but I enjoy the Amish books by Beverly Lewis and others. I just finished book 3 of her Rose Trilogy series. They don't contain much adventure, but they are a quick, satisfying read. Lauraine Snelling is another author that I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, yes!!!! Lavryl Spencer is one of my fave HAVE all of her books!
    Love Beverly Lewis, Carol, but have to read more of hers... Haven't heard of Snelling, will have to find her, how exciting to have a new author to look for!!
    Sherry, Galbadon..what a dream author, have kept all of her books too!! but she is one of the slow ones :)

    ReplyDelete