Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Update

Well, just have to tell you all that I have lost 179# 20 while in the RV, walking the beaches of Florida, 20 for insurance before the surgery and 139 since the surgery.  Am off all medications, no high blood pressure, no high cholesterol, no anti-depressants, and NO type 2 diabetes!!!  Taking multi-vitamins is all!!  No pain in the knees or hips.  Down from a size 30-32 or 4x to a size 16, which is loose on me, but a 14 just does not fit! Dealing with some loose skin here guys...  and a large or x-large top at times.  Here I am TRYING to stand up straight, as EVERONE tells me to do.  I am trying- trying.. but have to admit it was rather hard to stand straight, and hold the camera just so and smile at the same time, multi-tasking not coming easy...  Here I was at OLD NAVY trying on clothes, they had jeans for $19!!! Can you believe that, a steal.  Had to have a black pair as my others became too big.  Sorry, know I am annoying, but I just can't help saying that,  it is too BIG,  too big...hee-hee  :)  Did get the green top and new 'skinny' jeans, that is really what they are called... for $19 and they are so soft, will be neat to wear.  (oops hair is a mess from trying on different tops....) So overall think I am a success story.  On the last visit to the Doc's I am no longer 'obese' and certainly NOT morbidly obese.  BMI was 25... was over 45 or 50 when I started.  BP 107/63.  AND it feels SO good to be able to say all of that and have good numbers on things that normally concern the doctors and tend to make a person feel badly.
Don't know that I will be able to get to snow shoe this Winter, apparently you don't just venture out into the woods, you have to have a bunch of 'stuff', so will take awhile to accumulate it all and hopefully next Winter I will be successful in that.  BUT expect to be able to kayak at some point this Spring or Summer again, as you can rent all of that and don't have to have quite so many clothes  :)  Just to keep you updated on that adventure and lack thereof...
Take Care All & God Bless

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You have done such a great job! Enjoy the results:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking so fantastic. Will you have some cosmetic surgery to get rid of the loose skin? I am just so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, and shopping for new skinny clothes always feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are NOT annoying. You have every right to brag and be proud of your success!! You are such an inspiration to me. Especially being off all your meds except the supplements. Good Job! New clothes look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loree, you look absolutely fabulous. And it's absolutely fabulous that you don't need any medications. And that you are looking for new adventures. You are truly an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are absolutely fantastic, and look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you regained your health along the way. Congratulations and enjoy your new clothes.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just amazing Loree! You look terrific! You are rightly proud of what you've done for yourself and your health! I just LOVE this picture of you. Can you hear my hands clapping????

    ReplyDelete
  9. "but have to admit it was rather hard to stand straight, and hold the camera just so and smile at the same time, multi-tasking not coming easy..."

    HAHaaaaa.... good exercise that multi-tasking business...

    You look fabulous dahling ... absolutely fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have definitely inspired me. What a fantastic accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should be bragging you worked hard to get where you are. You look wonderful keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am inspired by your success to ge tmyself back in shape! Way to go, Loree!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! we had to go back in time on your blog to figure out what we had missed... shame on me for not keeping up. How Exciting!Congratulations Loree!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I am in awe. You should be proud, and you look great and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great! Skinny jeans? You go girl! What a great thing to be off all the meds...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Loree! We are so proud of you! You are looking and feeling great. And to be rid of all those medications is a double blessing. I'll have to look into getting some of those skinny jeans at Old Navy. You and I are essentially the same size now. Isn't it fun!!!

    ReplyDelete