Sunday, January 5, 2014

Movies!!


My niece, Sacia, goes home tomorrow  :(   We DO have a good time, getting together, doing things, shopping....  her and her mother, Karen and I went to the movies today.  Saw "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"  based on a short story by James Thurber.  I remember reading Thurber in high school, geez that was long ago!!!!
Sacia and I decided we liked it.  It was rather slow at 1st, there is beauty in the travel scenes, filmed in Iceland and the ending was wonderful!!! We cried  (am sure I saw a tear in her eye) Then we had lunch at Pastini in the Old Mill Dist (which is where the theater is)  then to Costco and Old Navy  :)  It was a fun day and got to spend the last day with her.  She has to get up at 3:15am to get to the plane on time, BUT gets home by 9:30am which is a good thing....


Tonight the fourth season of Downton Abbey starts...am excited, I am all caught up and have decided I need to watch this weekly this season and not wait until the CD comes out.... so have much anticipation of what the season holds for these people....
Right now there is a special on about Highclear Castle where the show is filmed...  getting all sorts of tidbits, like that it takes two days!!! to clean and polish the chandelier in the library.  Good heavens...  it IS a HUGE place..... my mind can't comprehend!

Take Care All

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to wait until I get home in March to watch this season's Downton Abbey. We generally can't get PBS when we are on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started watching last night and lost our signal in the middle. :-(( Since we don't have tv a lot, I think I will just get the DVD like we did for season 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading James Thurber in high school, that was something I enjoyed a lot, too! I always thought that I wanted to write like him, so he did have a great influence on me.

    ReplyDelete