Monday, July 14, 2014

More.....

 
 
 









Now would this not be the perfect thing for a little kid???
Have always been partial to sock monkeys!!

AND I am sure I could do this!!!  Really.. it is not even, even.....



 
 









 HOW do they do this??  It looks just like the real thing.. as does the one following of our local Smith Rocks....

See!!!  How perfect is this???  You would have to hang it as art tho, could not imagine using it , just on the bed...  was not that big in any case..  More like a picture.....


And this one,  LOVE, love the sunflowers, and it's like looking through a window pane...


Here is another that is just strips.. I KNOW I could do this!!!!


And the above, just looks old fashioned and perfect.  Like the roses. they call this " fussy cutting", where you cut the fabric to get the design you want out of it.  You are not cutting across the flower, but getting the whole flower intact.. I just thought this one perfect for something that I liked,  the borders and vines, just very, very pretty and perfect!

And liked the colors of the blues and greens, just looked so clean and foresty.... and the swirly stitching reminded me of waves for the blue part, the best of both worlds  :)

Take Care all..
stay cool!  Supposed to be 100 tomorrow... let me just say it was warm enough today and I think it was just 93...

Brian helped me wash the pick-up tonight, after working all day in this heat!!!  What a great guy!!! It had like tar thrown up on the hood and roof, in little tiny specks.. we worked and worked on chipping it all off and washing it down and now you can run your hand over it and it is smooth and no brow/black flecks apparent.  Just hope in the bright light of day there are not little scratches all over it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. All the quilts are so colorful and beautiful but the sock monkey is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some really talented and creative people making those gorgeous quilts. That would not be me.

    ReplyDelete