Friday, July 15, 2016

A Trip

Been in California!!  Did ya miss me??  Took 395 down and back, as gps says it is shorter, and I missed all the I-5 traffic.  It certainly may have been slower, but less tiring think. On the way down I stayed in Bridgeport at the Maple Leaf Inn.  a wonderful place, very clean and nice, but it was an older motor court and just perfect.  On the way back I left Yucaipa and spent the nite with friends in Tehachapi.  It was a very good visit.  they have a lovely home, but are busier than busy with each their own business.


The mountain flowers were climaxing and were truly lovely.  Also stopped on the way down in Mammouth, always wanted to see it, and the Devils Postpile... well!!! I never got to see that as now you have to go to the lodge and get a ticket and get on a bus and be bussed to the 'attraction' and I did not have time for that...



Had a great visit with my niece, her husband and little Chloe.  they always make me feel more than welcome and have lots of things planned to do, or just follow along, like for Chloe's swim lessons.  It was fun to watch and see her learning.
Here we went to a place in the desert, it is all desert, right? To get rocks, I had about 200# of rocks behind the drivers/passengers seats... Would have been awful to get in an accident with them in there, they would have flown all over the place... ah well, they look nice under my tree!!

Oh, dear, yes, this was my idea as it is the 60th year Disneyland was open!!! A celebration... wrong time of year, SO many people, why aren't they working and how on earth can they afford to go there, a whole family???? We were there probably from noon to about 4p and went on 4 rides, that is all... the wait was awful.. and did not even get near any of the roller coaster rides, where there were waits of 80 minutes... and it was HOT, I sweat....


But Chloe was very excited, to see princess' (Mickey and goofy)  and even tho it was so hot, I had gotten her the jacket at the Disney outlet store a couple days before and she had to wear it!!! Especially to talk to Sleeping Beauty
Do I look as tired as I am right now?  These days you have to find a parking lot, park. pay to park, then get on a bus to be taken to the park itself....
what a procedure, felt so sorry for Sacia having to lug the stroller onto and off the bus, getting on, someone helped her, not so when we left....

This pretty much says it all....


In Tehachapi they had 4 different kinds of lavender that I got to pick, that was fun, got lots, rubber banded them together and it smelled good all the way home.
Drove for 14 hours from Tehachapi to home... lots of driving....
They have LOTS of windmills in Tehachapi!!!!


LOTS of bugs around summer Lake, Silver Lake area, what with all the hay fields..
Above is Mono Lake .  There was a vault toilet there, that is one thing with 395, rest stops are few and far between and you become very inventive.....

But it is beautiful in its desolation


Last of the day.... Only had about 50 miles that I had to drive in the dark and knew where I was by that time, nothing really new to see, in any case....
On the way down I did see an Eagle by Summer Lake and a herd of antelope, they sure are pretty.
Yesterday and today have played catch up, with the mail, yard work, house work, laundry, groceries, Luci has finally stopped being so clingy, geez, she just wants me to sit there and hold her!!! Poor lonely little thing....
I had a great week, hope you all did too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take Care and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment