Saturday, June 30, 2018

New Author

Oh my goodness, found a new author!!! Julia Keller... Just finished Bitter River (got it at Fred Meyer!!) Spent two feverish nights until 3am reading this book.... It is the 2nd in a series.... hate when i do that, but the book cover or inside said nothing about that!!! And can catch up!! Went to used book store and found the first book: A Killing in the Hills.... and ordered the next 3 from Barnes & Noble..... you know what i have been running into when i look for books is that the author, i suppose, just releases to Nook or Kindle and there is not a hard copy.. Diana Galbadon does that too!!! with add on books to her series, that are short novels expanding on the already LARGE books that she comes out with every two years in the Outlander series....
I just can't get into reading that Kindle... I did when i was in the RV, it came in really handy and did not have to find used book stores or even a book store.  Altho i did pick up some books in the RV camp places..... they normally had a small library....
BUT i like to have a book, to hold and turn pages, the smell and feel of them, just the way i like to read...  AND i DO have stacks of the everywhere around the house... and am getting so that i forget what i have read and not read, have to really work sometimes to remember :)  great, huh, i should just re-read what i already have here, probably would not remember in any case!!!! But some i do, they apparently were memorable....
I have thought for posterity's sake i should be doing something with my time to leave behind, like crochet or quilting.. who will remember, oh!! Loree read that book or recommended that book.... don't think so.  But i do get my enjoyment out of it, so i guess there is that... and i can't think of a time that i don't have a book with me, i always carry what i am reading, as you never know when you have to wait, tire store, doc office and that is time to do something... read... rather than just sitting there, staring...
IN ANY CASE this was a really good book, set in the Appalacian Mtns of West Virginia... I have been thru West Virginia and it was truly beautiful.... mystery/murder, good character development, you really get to know these people..... even the subsidiary people, not just the main characters, they are all people in this little town that you get to know and become attached to...

Good Reading and Take Care and God Bless

3 comments:

  1. You know that I look forward to your book recommendations, Loree! Just borrowed her first book as an ebook from the library. That's the only way I read now. I like the big print, lighting, portability, etc. To each his own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look for this author

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on books. I rarely use my iPad Mini anymore to read eBooks.

    ReplyDelete