Sunday, October 21, 2018

Empty


The back of the pick up is empty!!!  Boy, sure am glad i had Brian's help or i would still be out there working...
Just for your info, gravel is heavy...
but now i think i have things the way i want them for a couple years at least...
Above is stepping stones to shed Brian put in.. looks nice..
Top picture taken first a a mere couple of hours later all of the leaves showed up in pic to the right!!! I just raked... got 3 huge bags, and now there is like twice as many out there,,, Had to get them out of the way for the stone work i was going to do..
I replaced all the gravel between the square stepping stones.... somehow dirt had gravitated in there on top of 1st gravel i had put in there and dogs were tracking it all in

am hoping that the sod i put in will keep the dirt out of the house.  It is a continual battle this time of year...
The above is between the shed and the fence.. a just wonderful place to get the leaves out of. (haha) and don't ask why i feel they need to be out of there, but just think it is the best to do, to keep them from turning into sodden mess that would rot the fence??? or the side of the shed?  You get a huge bag full out of there and at the back of the shed too... I wait until ALL the leaves are down before getting back there as i only want to do that ONCE.  It ends up being about a foot deep with leaves.  I had to block that area off as Carl would get in there and run back and forth trying to kill the dogs in the yard behind us.  :)  I did leave room to get in there to paint and apparently to get the leaves out!!

left is Carl, he does get out of the house now and again.. Has to check out the changes that we make in HIS yard. Looks grumpy doesn't he?  That is his happy face....

My baby Luci... After her ordeal Thursday she is doing great.  Have taken her on trips to grocery store and dump (where she got treats, she was thrilled)  She loves to ride in car and wait for me... and is so good, just lays there and waits.  My prior dog, Sami, a Schnauzer.. would run back and forth and bark and bark and bark and try to kill anyone that came near the car, it was such a joy...


This corner of the yard gets lots of leaves built up..
My neighbor, behind me was out raking MY leaves too, i told him i thought it crazy that the people b4 me felt they had to plant 4 trees!!! why would ONE not have been enough?  I suppose it took a while for them to grow, but... still.... ( i wonder if they think i should be raking all of those leaves on his side too.... hmmmm, well, THAT is not happening....) The guy on my North side does not mind and he has his own trees, but most of them (leaves)  do fall in MY yard..
Picture to right shows new gravel better, suppose i should have had a b4 pic to show the difference, take my word, there is a huge difference and this looks much better.. AND hopefully takes care of the dirt issue...


Take Care all and God 
Bless.. safe travels to all on the road....

Got this skull in Montana at friends ranch... my brother stuck it up there, looks cool with those leaves

2 comments:

  1. I freely admit that I have always disliked raking leaves. So glad my little woods is all pines. I run over the pine cones with the lawnmover and shoot them back into the woods:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get little cones, from a fir tree and it gives great satisfaction to ZIP... right thru the mower...!!!

      Delete