Friday, December 20, 2019

Hip-Hip-Hip

WELL....  Dec 9th i fell on sidewalk right in front of my front window... and.... broke my right hip
Had surgery on 12-11 about 3p (Wed)
I was convinced to go to rehab on Saturday, which i reluctantly did... BIG mistake.. i felt i could learn something, which i did... movement, up and down stairs with a walker, exercises, showering, in and out of bed...
BUT they were NOT going to let me go!!!! I told them when i went in that i was leaving on Thursday... anytime something came up, i said i was not going to be there that long, leaving thursday.. wed comes and there is a problem getting docs to release me, the primary doc was balking as she had never seen me... well.... duh???!!!! picked a time and said i was leaving thurs at 2p. between shifts..  Primary still not signing off, fax not rec'd, I found out the rehab did send to wrong address.. really? then things just went to hell, i got hysterical, doc said she would NOT sign off on the meds as she had not prescribed, but did on the release finally.. so they were sending the med part to the surgeon.. in the meantime i left against med advice.... i was NOT spending another night there on that horrid bed, with people slamming in and out all night taking vitals, changing my roommate,  food was terrible, over all the people were nice enough, but never got back to you on any ?? you had, you could hear them n the hall way talking and not answering when a bell was rung... and when it was apparant i was not going to stay, their attitude changed.  They kept waving 6 pages of meds i had been taking that if i did not continue there could be dire results.... well looking at them them at home all but one were MY personnal perscriptions i already had at home. (they would not let me keep my pills, had to take ones they supplied) and the one for blood thinner,  shot in abdomen, to negate blood clots.. i called surgeon today re: that today and they said to just take a baby aspirin!!!! So, if it was that cheap and easy to replace, wonder the cost of the shot?
( and that nasty primary care doc, that i had called numerous times, and held off signing off release, said that she did not want any more phone calls re: this issue..... i will NOT be seeing her again, will be seeking a new doc...i had only seen her once as my reg had moved to Texas and that was a meet and greet that they insisted on b4 she would help with a UTI i had in Oct, i subsequently went to immed care and will do so from now on)
It just seems to be a scam for more money from Medicare... that paperwork i ended up with said the stay was for 4 weeks, WHAT???? i had never agreed to that, always said i was leaving on Thursday.. nothing is done on the week end.  u are just sitting there doing nothing, walking the halls, reading, tv. on low as room mate objected....
I have always heard and was scared of going in there, if you do, u never get out....
It is the holidays, i belong with family, with my lovey
i wanted to be among my stuff
Going to go back and read (the Hounds, Steve) he just broke a hip, went straight home and is doing well, i need some good news....
I don't really feel that bad, pain is more a stretching, not even really a throbbing, it is a wonder, you can have a partial hip replace, have 28 staples in your butt and are weight bearing and can get about at all!!!! I mean with the ankle and not being able to step on it at all, the pain went on and on for weeks, i have not had a pain pill other than tylenol for almost 3 days... they had me on oxy and with all on TV- that was scary...
SO... just a word to the wise...... WARNING.....WARNING...... WARNING.....
Friend Tanya came over today and did all of my 'chores', got stuff put away, thrown away, filled up, successfully signed up for delivery of groceries from Fred Meyer, we even went for a walk, OUTSIDE... it was 56 here today... WOW....
So altho i am a hysteria queen and can apparently cry uncontrollable for hours on end i am getting along really well, i feel.... had a good night in my nice, soft, warm, bed with my lovey and life is great right now, slow, but great
Take Care all and God Bless

10 comments:

  1. That is a scary story, Loree. Glad you finally escaped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. They make it almost impossible for us to have any control over our own bodies. I wonder if it's because they are so scared of getting sued and the cost of their malpractice insurance. Glad you are recovering. Just dont over do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheez I refused to go to rehab when I had my knee replacement They really tried because I live alone, I have been through worse on my own see ya going home. Next knee same thing see ya I can take care of myself. Kids dropped in to check on me and do store runs. Good for you to take yourself home to take care of your own needs. Speedy recovery Loree and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is Steve ... you're story is unbelievable and very frustrating. My surgeon told me the first time he met me telling me I had broke my hip exactly what would happen ... and they did. New hip Sunday morning, walking around room Sunday afternoon, perform for the PT Monday morning, Surgeon sign off, the emergency room MD sign off and I was home by 4pm Monday just like he said I would be.

    He told me when I asked about a PT program, "not for the hip, just for the knees, all I want you to do is learn how to walk again and walk ... see you in two weeks"

    I could comment on and on about our different experiences ... yours sounds like a horror movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to say I was worried when you told me you were leaving against doc's orders! Glad all is going well and she finally signed the release. Whew! Medicare will now pay. Thank goodness for friends and family. Praying for a very speedy restoration to complete mobility!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long felt that I will NEVER again go to a hospital. It is a grusome experience and I relate to everything you said about it. So glad you escaped before they did injury to you. I think it is the most demeaning experience, but now you are safely at home where you can recover much more quickly.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that is a scary story:( Here is hoping for a quick full recovery:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for every other informative web site. Where else may I am getting that kind of information written in such a perfect way? I’ve a undertaking that I’m just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

    jaipur tour

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just read your story. That place sounds awful but please don't take lightly the possibility of a blood clot after your surgery. They are common and can bring on a pulmonary embolism. I had one in early November and it's not
    something I want to go through again. Warning signs are shortness of breath, chest pain or dizziness. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete