Friday, August 9, 2019

Good Book



the Clockmaker's Daughter.... what can i say about it?

Well, it was VERY well written and you DO get good character development.  You care about what is happening or what did happen... BUT i think it is more a matter of my aging... dare i say.  there were SO many people, they all come together in the end, but there were a couple that i said 'WHO is that?' I just could not remember them all and how they fit together or were supposed to. There was a ghost that kept the story going.... and then it kept popping between the years:
 1862, 1898, 1919, 1928, 1940, 1962, 2017 back and forth. i got dizzy.  Would have to sit there a moment and remember the last thing that happened at that period from a couple chapters before...
i do like her writing, Kate Morton.. and have heard about her for some time and even have some downloaded to my Kindle that i have not gotten to yet.. it is a mystery, not really a murder, just poor happenstance.. one little, tiny thing can have repercussions.... thru the ages and many peoples lives...

Take Care and God bless

1 comment:

  1. I will watch for it, I do not try to remember all characters when they first showup, I figure I will remember as it goes along:)

    ReplyDelete