Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Travel??



Iowa family.. this is 4th of july this year... I miss seeing these kids SO much.. It has been 2 years now, i think. And at this age they grow so fast!!! The little one was just 2 and now he is soon to be 4!!! Probably doesn't remember me at all.  When i am there we get to have BBQ's Dad, John does a great job doing that!  And Mom Darah, is a wonderful cook. She gave me her granola recipe which we love!  Have dinners. Last time the older ones went with us to the Swinging Bridge and to a hotel in Iowa City with a pool. Fun was had by all. Donuts and ice cream and eating out...
Maybe, hopefully next year...

I have been to Iowa in the Spring, the Summer (HOT and humid)  that humidity just is oppressive and seems to last forever, it is such a relief when it lifts.  Then there are BUGS, won't go into that.. Have even been there in the Winter, with Brian, that was quite the ride, and snowy!!!!

We (Carol in Iowa) always take a trip when i am there, to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Outer Banks, Smokey Mtns and Memphis THAT was a fun trip, wanted to see Graceland for my 60th bday.  Ate on Beale Street, got to see the ducks at the Peabody.... and OH, wonderful BBQ there. found a GREAT antique store on the way to the Smokies...  Went to the Ozarks, found many antique stores on that trip. AND last time we went to Texas, Waco... YES to see Magnolia, Chip and Joanne, and to Oklahoma to the Pioneer Woman's general store...  We have seen lots of the country and many sights. (a naked guy on a scooter in front of the state capital in wisconsin... whooeee) The mighty Mississippi from Wisconsin/Minnesota to Tennessee.... (I have seen it in New Orleans too, altho i don't think friend Carol has)
One year i flew out and we drove back taking a sort of middle route, thru Kansas, Colorado, Nevada, northern California
Another i had the RV and drove that back, then down to florida for the winter and back on I 10, then up I 5 and home, quite the trip!!!

SO ... i HAVE done 'stuff' just not right now... but am living for the time when can resume.. So many places to go.. And the Midwest is interesting.  And things there are OLD... brick streets.. old houses, sod houses, The Oregon Trail.  I have been fortunate to see all kinds of places and things and could go on and on..
Did you know Rock Island Armory (military base) in Tri-Cities on the Mississippi has made armory since the Civil War, continuously.....  History is so interesting, and there are so many things to learn.

Remembering things , memories...

Take Care and God Bless

3 comments:

  1. With all the traveling we have done you just listed a whole bunch of things we've never seen. Wonder sometimes if we ever will be able to go and do and see. But oh the memories we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542



      Delete