Monday, August 14, 2017

Gas (eclipse)


Well overnight gas went up 20 cents... and long lines at Fred Meyer, so went to Arco and half their pumps were not working???
Went to Madras Sunday to see brother Jerry, as felt I needed to see him. He appears fine, but all sad and depressed.... due to the physical issues he is having....
The drive there and back was horrid!!! Took me 1 1/2 hours, normally takes about half hour or a bit more, never that much.  the fairgrounds had all kinds of tents up, looked like a Mash unit!!! But all bare lots were weed eated. think they are worried about fires and not being able to get to places to even put out a fie if there is lots of traffic and everything is booked solid, even farmer fields!!! Boy would that be fun to sit in a tent in a farmers field, fun.... and it is getting downright cold, upper 30's last night....
Then to FM today, to stock up for two weeks, just in case, don't want to get all crazy here, but, well, be prepared..... and they had STACKS of pop, beer, water, gatoraide, I mean LOTS and then the shelves were getting bare, veggies were depleted, clerks were dashing here and there with bins and carriers of things that they were trying to stock shelves in every aisle, I mean people are going crazy... why weren't all these people at work?? Some you could tell were on vacation, but not all of them, Parking lot was FULL
I mean, WOW... people are starting to come in and things are getting weird....
Am going to start taking pictures of 'stuff'  tents, traffic, stacks of brickettes and wood to start fires, even tho those have all been banned....
on a good note, we could see the mountains this morning, thru a haze, but they were visible....
Take Care All and God Bless

oh, the picture is my lavender harvest, I have 3 little plants that I got last year I think? and they have doubled in size, but still are not full grown...

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how nuts people are about this eclipse. They are really neat to experience but this time they are crazy. I saw the one in 1979 that was total here in Montana and it was a great experience. I'm going to sit this one out. I'd also be stocking up if I were you and I wouldn't leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to watch the eclipse aren't you?? That would be sad if you didn't.. you could walk up to the cemetery - I bet that would be perfect! No one camping there. Remember that lavender I had along the front porch in Lacey - it smelled sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have a chance of seeing it here in FL, but if I cannot see it from the yard, I plan on skipping it.

    ReplyDelete