Monday, June 29, 2020

Food

Brian wanted a cherry pie for his bday, he turned 50 this year!!! How is that even possible?

Haven't been doing too much of anything. did venture out to Costco last week, Macy's as out of my origins Ginger lotion, and Old Navy as i needed something NEW, becuz i don't have enough clothes!!!  Their 4th of July stuff was all picked over, but i managed.. They had NO boxer shorts!  What is the deal with that?  Thought it strange..

Lots of people in both parking lots...
Was dissappointed that Costco will no longer be carrying BOOKS, what?  that is a part of the Costco experience... Hate things changing (did not read my last blog, but this seems familiar, wonder if i have already gone over this?)


Made avocado toast.. finally got it down to where i can eat it, 9 grain toast, LOTS of butter, mash the avocado completely so there are NO lumps! Mix in some lemon juice and use Trader Joe's  Everything Bagel Seasoning.... it's good, just sayin....



AND i go to Starbucks alot..... Grande Iced Soy Latte... and this time i have a  piece of the lemon bread, have also "discovered" the Almond croissant.... or the bagel bites..... depends on the mood you know... Pumpkin bread in the Fall is nice too...

my Iowa friend can drive to viewpoints on the Mississippi River and watch barge traffic or the birds, we don't have any place like that here!!!! disappointing... can sit in some places and look at the mtns.  this last time i took my coffee and a book and parked along the canyon trail and watched people/families go by on their bikes or running (sometimes there are young men with no shirts running, that is somewhat entertaining :) )  but mainly just sit in the sun with Luci and read....

my niece sent me a FB thing about people wanting to take down the US flag and statue of John Wayne at the John Wayne airport in Orange Co, Calif, rename it Orange Co airport, due to comments he make in early 70's, that are now deemed racist  REALLY??? what in the world...????
Are we all going crazy and our feelings are hurt by someone's opinion and the more's of an earlier time. Are we really that sensitive? and can't use that as a learning conversation...

Mom had some readers re-covered, as they got tatty,  (she taught 4th grade at this time i believe) Singing Wheels i remember it was called, federal regulations required new reading material every couple of years, but she loved those books.  There were racial connotations and slurs in them, but she felt that the overall content was so good, and these few things called for discussion and learning to actually TEACH that this was wrong, and to no longer be tolerated... rather than ditch all the books and no longer use them..  yea for Mom...

Take Care all and God Bless

1 comment:

  1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542



    ReplyDelete