Sunday, February 9, 2014

MORE Snow Pics


What I did today... was shovel the sidewalk!!!  IF they have school, children walk this way and don't want to have them in the road... Went from the front of the house, two shovelfuls in the same spot to get a step forward, then on the way back did the opposite side-- so the sidewalk is twice as wide as what is shown here..  Carol H see the little tree we planted in the middle of the picture, covered!!!!  Top just sticking out of snow...  Brian calls it Hulsey.. haha  a tree with a name....
 well you did pick the spot to plant it!!


Here is Brian's car!!!!  Hahaha... well laugh is on me as he has been using my car, it has all wheel drive, his has nothing.... even bald tires I do believe....  AND you can see blue sky!!  Our airport was closed for 36 hours, reopened today...


Another of the front of the house and the sad little blue pick-up....
Went in after the shoveling and made some molasses cookies.  Brian went to work at 4am and did not get home until 2pm... they were shoveling out their accounts in prep for businesses being open on Monday... all will go well, IF the snow plows do NOT go by and shove more snow onto their already cleared sidewalks..... he is all prepared to be royally 'pissed' if that occurs  :)  he is beyond tired and sore.  they also got 4 cars out who got themselves stuck and picked up about 4 more accountants of people who saw them out working and decided to have them finish their places for them and not do it themselves  :)... there were 3 people Central Oregon who had heart attacks (on the news tonight with a warning to take it easy people)  and died while shoveling today... sad for that to happen....

Take Care All....  I did really well with the shoveling and DID take my time.. took a BUNCH of vitamin C and have NO aches so far...  my friend Carol G always tells me to take vit C after yard work, unusual exercise, etc... and will have no aches or pains next day,  I swear by it!!!!

7 comments:

  1. When I lived in Cincinnati and it snowed, you could walk out in the morning and see only women shoveling. I think there was some propaganda about men shouldn't shovel snow because they could have a heart attack! Maybe so, but what about the women? Somehow it must not have applied to us, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the shoveling--better you than me, ha ha. I meant to comment that your house looked so cozy in the night time picture yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a whole lot of snow out there. That was so ice of Brian to help those people get their cars out. I remember being helped like that and how much I appreciated it. Glad you are taking is easy shoveling. Hope you don't have to do too much more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Loree, now you're making me look bad. Your sidewalk looks nice and clear, mine...not so much! We're seeing things melt again today, so I'm hoping that the snow will melt off the sidewalk and driveway before I have to get out there. I don't even have a snow shovel, don't you know! We're too used to just hosing things off, or using a leaf blower. Crazy lazy Eugene folks, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that Vitamin C idea...how much do you take?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Loree you have a LOT of snow. Good for your for getting the exercise of shoveling. Did anyone else use a noisy snow blower. I used to actually like to shovel. it was so beautiful out and so quiet but now snow blowers have changed all that. Really beautiful pictures Loree. How are Luci and Carl liking all this white stuff in their yard??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your blog. The italics is hard to read on the iPad.

    ReplyDelete