Monday, August 20, 2018

Reading too!!

Recently finished a couple of books.. some of you seem to be interested in that. Clock Dance by Ann Tyler, supposed to be in top 10... well... did not get it.... maybe it was just not the book for me, now reading a John Grisham, The Rooster Dance and i  like it.. his books are always well written and have alot going on in them... sometimes hard to stay up with tho as my mind just does not work that way..
Also the Daughters of Ireland which turned out to be one of a series, so it just ended w/o knowing what happens to some of the characters... sooooo buy another book, huh?
and The Wife which is a movie with Glenn Close, don't know how they will 'flesh' that one out, it was pretty boring and predictable... seemed to go on and on, the Wife could not make a move, just went along with things.....  geez.....
That about does it, nothing very exciting to write about, just like the days, slow, hot, smokey....
Have had a blazing headache the last couple of days, am sure i have a brain tumor or art least an anryesm (sp) took the dictionary off my phone, so can't look up that word and too lazy to go get the hard bound one off the shelf  :)   so been loading up on Tylenol.... also can't breathe so on the inhaler... which surprisingly does work.....
Take Care all and God Bless

8 comments:

  1. I think you mean The Rooster Bar by Grisholm. He's from my home town and I never liked his stuff until he stopped writing movie plots and began writing things with a point and a purpose. I read Clock Dance too and actually liked it. I'm glad to see her writing about older women and ways in which they can change their lives. As always Tyler's books seem to have a haze around them for me. I'd bet that your headache and breathing troubles are all the heat and the smoke. Wish you could get to some clean air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always like Anne Tyler's books but I did like Clock Dance, although I didn't get the title, unless it means that things change as the clock spins.

    I also think that your headaches and health problems are due to the smoke. It has been giving me headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will add the same - I think your headache could definitely be from the heat and smoke, and then reading a lot in addition to that, would cause me a headache. This summer has been awful in my opinion, and I can't wait until it gets a little better in September - I hope! I used to read a lot of fiction, but the last few years I've only been interested in non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too vote for heat and smoke causing your headaches. That's what they do to me. My reading is all very light reading anymore. Love those cozy mysteries. Don't have to think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read what my friend sends me 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget the Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, it is brutal on lungs and sinuses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it IS the Rooster Bar....!!!! Geez, i really need to proof read these entries... and finished that.. pretty good, but always wonder, do u think these things actually happen??? making up fake defendants in a class action suit, abscond with millions to a foreign country and buy a bar, restaurant to have something to do

    ReplyDelete