Monday, November 1, 2010

COTTON: The Fabric of Our Lives







I was just amazed by this cotton!! I saw it coming down here, so today i drove back inland- 30 miles!! it was, to get to another cotton field to take some pictures... It would be so interesting to see this process, because this way, it really is hard to believe that it turns into clothes, and how did they ever think of that, to do that anyway? i took a little puff of it. there were all kinds of flying buggy things around there and did not want to stay out too long, ick! can't believe that people pick this, when coming down here i did see a machine in a field, so don't know if they have to do it by hand like they had to in the' good old days'. Guess this is not really a very informative blog, just asks alot of questions. But it was sure neat to see it up close and personal. It even has blooms on it. One field was all dead and not very much left on it, maybe it had been picked, but the one across the street was full blown, lots of cotton and still green bushes and blooms too.
(remember you can right click on the pictures to make them bigger)








3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a good wad of real cotton right off the vine to put in a special apothecary jar. It looks so good to me. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. After spending probably 50 hours or more trying to figure out what was wrong with my google, I finally fixed it, but I don't know how - go figure!! Anyway, I LOVE the cotton pictures. Always wondered what it looked like, and now I know, so thank you!! Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw a lot of cotton fields in Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico. They were in the midst of harvesting so got to see that too. I'm from the corn fields of Iowa so I was fascinated too.

    ReplyDelete