Saturday, October 22, 2022

Road Trip


 Went on a road trip today to pick out a puppy. Drove 2 1/2 hours north and west of Goldendale, which has NO restaurant, but a small grocery thank heavens as we were starving by the time we got there.

They sure don't make it easy to take pictures while on the bridge!!! We were going to eat in Biggs Jct as we always would eat there when we went to away games when my brothers played football in Culver H.S.  back in the 70' BUT there are no longer any nice, restaurants overlooking the river and traffic, only fast food places.. Taco Bell McDonalds and we did not feel that. Things do certainly change and in most cases NOT for the better...

Views along the way






Boy you know we turn into our mothers... this was a smile, my mom always made and i would tell her to smile differently, which was silly as that is the way she was, and that was fine, but geez, here i am.....


  And here he is!!!! Isn't he the cutest ever... only 5 weeks old and they don't let them go until 8  so we have to trek back again on the 12th Nov to pick him up.... he just came right over to me and i picked him up and he just cuddled right in... picked up most all of them, but he was the one... boy one of them was all over the place, causing fights, biting, trying to climb out of the pen and jumping up and whining, and in my arms he was wiggling all over wanting down, he was a pistel.. 

 but liked this one, he was darkest in color too.  AND he seemed to like me

(those are ELK horns behind me, going to ask when we go again if i can take some pics of them, they were really something, huge!!!!)

Take Care All and God Bless

4 comments:

  1. He looks like a perfect match for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you decided to get another dog. Like I said months ago, I have been in that same situation wondering if I should get another. Yes, when he walked right over to you, that's a positive sign. Watson did the same with me in the summer 2021. He is now outside baying at the squirrels. You have a great looking puppy, well worth the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Loree. It's so nice to see you with a new puppy! I'm certain he will keep you plenty busy. It will be fun watching him grow. Nice that he "picked you". That's always the best feeling. I haven't been keeping up with blogs much, except for Steve and the hounds. Finally wanted to catch up with you and so glad I did. Donna thinks you and the puppy look good together. Me too!!

    ReplyDelete