Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Grand Canyon


 Well, last nite i said i could not get my photos to download, well, tonite i figured it out!  U have to have BOTH the phone and computer logged onto the internet.... HA!

Well... so was apparently worried about my accomodations  being on that hillside and my ability to set the timer on the phone (which i have never had a prob with b4) as i kept waking up every couple of hours.  but finally got up at 7am and out the door at 7:30.. to Flagstaff, only 40 miles... tried putting in phone nearest Starbucks and it was going to send me backwards... so went off the grid again trying to find one, then just trying to find my way to 89... which i did in short order with phone help...  THEN i went right by one, but was in the wrong lane... so was miffed... onward to GC.... and i overshot my turnoff by 14 miles, so had to backtrack... more miffed...

Then to the Canyon... it is a LONG ways off the road...


So stopped at little turnoffs, then the big views... you just can't get it all in  I tried.. i walked and walked..  there were SO many people...


Took this one for Brian, i remembe from when we went there, it is called "wolf and puppy"




Vermillion Cliffs  (sorry this was taken thru the front window, which is filthy..  was really windy)


THEN i was leaving and made a wrong turn.. and headed unknowingly out the southern entrance and needed the eastern one, the one i came in on to continue on the Kanab.. WELL that was a HUGE error.  I discovered my error when i saw a sign for Williams... NOT on my list.... wrong and i had been being SO smug as there was a double line over a mile long to get in (it was about 11 by now) and i had to turn around and go back....thru that line..... it took half an hour.... which was not too bad, really considering the volume of cars... and there was barely any parking.. people were parking on the side of the rode.. i needed to go to the visitors center to get my passport stamped... silly, i know... but i like doing that... and there are so many japanese/chinese people and they have no boundaries of personal space and were honking their horns in the parking lot and not letting people back out.. it was a mess. Hard to believe but in my row, there were no cars looping trying to get a space and got out easily, so that i could then go wait in that line... i had parked in a rv spot, but there was another car in there, so i just abutted them to take up the whole space... not right, i know... but they did... and at least did not get towed or a ticket..

Then back to Cameron and 89.. to Burger King!!! then on. and a pretty uneventful rest of the day... Except when i got to Fredonia and it was small and no motels was a tad worried... but did remember looking that up b4 i left, so was pretty sure it was going to be OK  and it was, La Quinta was right there,  and i wanted a King and all they had was a handicapped room and it is really spacious


Sitting on my bed... going to go heat my soup...

Take Care all and God Bless

Tomorrow to Bryce Canyon and then up 15 to SLC and over on 80 to Winnemucca or Elko  not sure how far i will get

1 comment:

  1. I remember on my solo motorcycle trip in 2005 having to take a suite for one night when I was heading out of CA on the PCH (101). It had a hot tub in it! It wasn't cheap, but I needed to sleep and the extra room was like being at home. LOL!

    ReplyDelete