Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Bryce


 I drove n drove and drove.. over i don't know how many passes and most looked like this!! Snow and sleet.. ran out of my windshield fluid.. so would have to stop and use my bottled water and wipers.. after going for a long ways and not being able to see, as trucks would throw stuff up and my car looks horrid, they must use salt on the highways....



and who knew Bryce Canyon would be covered in snow!!! i went into the park, stopped at 1st stop, Sunrise Viewpoint... took pics, then got back in car n went to visitor center to stamp my passport n get a t-shirt and left... got there early, thank heavens as there were lines of people on the way!! but i was not dressed at all for snow! only had my tennis shoes... minced my way to the viewpoint

(i can't seem to get a picture of me AND the background.. my niece gets really cute pictures, can't believe she has that long of arms.) must be a setting i am missing. and why is my mouth open?




See... walkway to the viewpoint..very snowy


Red Rock Canyon




So i saw lots. was here when Brian was a junior in HS!!! many, many years ago and lots are NOT as a remembered, lots of changes.  It is just alot more populated, built up, not as wild seeming as i remembered. but still out of the way... There were signs for other places, like Grande Escalante which sounds like a place i would like to see...  Just many more rocks and places unseen... and even driving along there are rocks, formations, sights... it would seem i have all the time in the world, but i did not want to linger, maybe that is just how i travel.. hurry up and get back.. (:

So, am in Winnemuca today from Kanab UT, through SLC.. i NOT get lost and traffic was not bad, it was about noon... But today was the longest day and most all of it was on freeways... so not my fav... but very beautiful

Take Care and God Bless... yay for being home!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your pictures of Bryce covered in snow. Gorgeous. But I'm with you about not wanting to drive or walk in it. I was surprised last year at how well I did getting thru SLC. Maybe your niece uses a selfie stick? Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of the area with snow. I have only been there once before and it was beyond wonderful. Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing photos - I've never seen Bryce Canyon with snow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete